Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring party

 
My crafty friends and I try to get together once a week to craft. This week we decided to enter the Paper Crafts Connection Party Ensemble Contest. Our party is an Easter Egg Hunt Party.

Here's a closer look.

 
We used the Cricut to cut the banner and decorated it with some darling butterfly paper. We cut one of the butterflies out and popped it up. I love that look.

Next is the INVITE! I made this pocket card to hold the invitation. I used some stamps from Clear & Simple Stamps: Cart Pals Baby (bunny/cart) and Cart Pals Occasions (eggs). The eggs were so fun to color. How cute is that bunny?!!!!


On to the party favors....
We used CSS Party Favor #1 to put our gifts in. We decorated it up with another cutie cart pal!! Check our that twine rope pully thingy. How cute, right?!


And last but not least.... the FAVORS! Inside the favor bags are these popscicle stick bracelets!

These bracelets are cute and easy to make. I made them with my daughter. They are made out of popsicle sticks. First you take the extra large popsicle sticks and boil them in water for 15 minutes. Then you take the sticks ( they will bend pretty easy) and bend them around a small bottle. I used a bottle of sesame oil  I  had in the cabinet. No bigger than a 3inch diameter. It was trial and error for us. Then take either a piece of twine or really large elastics and secure them to the bottle. Let them dry over night. They break kind of easy so make sure you boil extra!

1 comment: